Many of you know...I'm a tad obsessed with sloths.
There are two at the Vancouver Aquarium!!!! And we got to see them.
A wee snack and a nap. My spirit animal.
Absolutely obsessed.
There are two, this one was napping up high and we could just see a ball of fur. This is Sally, she is 27.
I helped a lady and her daughter find the ball of fur up high. There was a lot of murmuring around us about how they sleep up high and no one ever sees them. A few minutes later she came back in the room and said you helped us so I've come back to get you. The other one is in this corner. So we scurried. He was just waking and stretching. Then we got to watch Hurricane climb around to his snack bowl, grab a wee bite and swing, crawl, upside down to his napping basket. Sooooo cool.
Sloth butt.
His right toe is missing. He is a rescue. I don't know his story and I haven't found out much about them online. This is Hurricane. He's 2.
Such a marvelous surprise. Saved us a trip to Honduras :)
Swoon.
From the Aquarium's Instagram.












