Luk

Luk
Our family.

Wednesday, September 16, 2026

Jia's 1st day.


So sweet.
Ist day Monday.  She wanted me to pick her up early on Tues.  Now on day 3 negotiations are underway to not go.  Sheesh.  On the up side she made a plan with the teacher to go four days a week and keep her Friday shift at work.  She completed socials 10 already this year and has started on some grade 11 English.  So she's not too far behind.  I love the way this school handles courses.  She is a mash of grade 10, 11 and 12 courses. The work is easy for her.  The getting her butt into the classroom and staying there is the big challenge. She reports it's boring.  And for Jia it is most definitely boring.
The loneliest hwy was closed so this GIANT (bigger than our house) thing could go by.  Something to do with electric batteries.  I think.  He calls infrequently and I wasn't particularly interested in this part of his story telling ;)

Making friends while waiting for the highway to be clear.

The have moved on from Rubicon to Moab in Utah. He reports the trails are super hard.  Therefore, lots of fun.  I asked if Squirrel could do it and he laughed and said absolutely not.  Ya'll know how much I hate to be told no.  Haha.

Sunset.

He is having the time of his life.  Ben did post a video to his fb page that Eric filmed of doing an obstacle in Moab.  He sounded pretty excited and praised Oscar for mastering the challenge.  

We are doing fine here at home.  We definitely miss our Mr though.

A salsa jar almost won.  We all tried.  Yes, we did all of the things.  Even digging out the man strap thingy.  In the end Luk gave it another try and finally got it.  I needed a chair to get cupboard things.  Haha.  I told Eric from now on everything must be lower and the salsa can only ever be the big plastic jug kind from Superstore.

I don't have a lot of free time.  Especially with Jia back in school.  Can't wait to get on this ship and relax. Feeling guilty about leaving the busy schedule for Mom and Fei.

Up at 7, leave at 8:30, walk Kai in.  Leave at 11:30 for Jia.  Leave at 2 to pick up Jia at 2:30, then to get Kai for 3 and wait for Luk at 3:20.  There are two breaks but short ones.  Definitely using strategic planning.  Thursdays Kai has playgroup, so it makes another trip out and a late night.  Friday he has speech in Cow Bay in the morning, so I need to drop Luk early and hang out in the car before walking him into school later.  Then all the extra things.  Right now I'm pretty thrilled we don't have a lot of extra carriculars.

So much easier split between two.  Single parents...hats off to you.

I do not love and adore being inside the high-school.  Soooooooo many teenagers.  So many.

Kai's classroom hasn't had the light on once.  So frigging annoying.  I'm just assuming at this point that the same kid with autism that doesn't like light is in the class.  And I get it that he doesn't 'like' the light but Kai medically needs the light.  Why does that other kid get the accommodation but Kai doesn't?!  We all know why.  The other kid has behavioral issues and Kai doesn't.  So at school and playgroup it's just dark.  All the time.  I could get all mama bear but it feels like a losing battle that we can't win.  If we did, it would be at the expense of another kids comfort level and Kai is way nicer than I am.

And then, don't get me started on the whole accessible parking disaster at the new school.  I mean, did anyone consult anyone about the plan?!  Why is there no drop off section?  Why is no one enforcing the need for placards?  Why not even an email out to parents?  I have reported the issues a couple times already.

So anyways, in my very, very limited free time I'm gathering my packing items for Hawaii.  If only I hadn't just gained all my lost weight back and I knew what fit still.  Sigh.

I did have an appointment this morning with the g.i. doctor.  The one in charge of the Tremfya.  We're both pleased with how well it's going.  The bigger issues now are still just dealing with accidents from the sphincter being cut during surgery.  He is suggesting medical fibre.  Which is not typically advisable for people with total colectomies.  
Why yes, that is a man walking past the dog gate, in our yard, after dark.  I saw him on the ring camera.  I phoned Lili immediately so she could watch on the camera and stay with me while I checked the situation out.  He walked right out.  Then I noticed something on the porch and  checked back on the ring and he was there delivering a bag to fill up for the food bank.  I'm still ticked off.  I can't stand anybody doing door to door for any reason other than emergencies. In the dark seems unreasonable to me.

Oh, oh, oh....yesterday, while Mom was with me learning the routine for when we're gone...we were notified there was ANOTHER gas leak on our road.  We had passed a neighbor with a digger in the yard.  So figured once again someone forgot to call before they dug.  I did have to call Jia at home and let her know someone might come to give evacuation notices and also that she might have to walk out and meet us to get to school.  Is everyone's neighborhood as exciting as ours or are we just super lucky.