Luk

Luk
Our family.

Thursday, May 2, 2024

Maybe Alaska?

 

I did a possible thing maybe.
Haha.  So fun!!

I booked a STAND BY cruise.
Eric and I 'might' or 'might NOT' be cruising to Alaska on the Koningsdam with Holland America in Aug.
Jia and Luk might or might not be coming too.

I booked for Eric and I and paid today.  $343 each for the cruise rate and $266 each for taxes and fees.  We can add 3rd and 4rth passengers free at time of a confirmed room. We won't find out until 7 to 2 days before the departure. Anything from an inside room to a veranda suite.  
LOVING the gamble part of this.
Love a cheap cruise deal, fingers crossed it works.

My plan is to keep the calendar free for that week and if we don't get picked we'll just do an unplanned adventure road trip.

The program is very new.
The staff were all very unsure of the procedures and I was put on hold a fair amount.  
We shall see.
It's sort of brilliant. They won't have to try and sell rooms last minute.  Cancelations usually happen the week before departure.  Everyone with trip insurance just rebooks but it leaves the ships with empty rooms.

I'll keep making my cruising ducks but I have no clue if Holland America peeps have embraced the duck joy.  
When I tried to get the kids confirmed there was mass confusion.  Apparently it's rare for there to be requests for four people in a room.  Confirming why we left Holland America and moved to Carnival when Lili and Fei were little.

Jia and Luk are both thrilled about the possibility of an adventure. Future gamblers?
Update, Kai's after-school program does summer camps.  I just filled out an aplication for the week of the cruise.  That might help fill his days in a fun way if we end up going.

In other news.  Eric went to the dealership, they didn't get any work done.  Sigh.  Lord only knows how long they'll have Onyx.  

In other, other news, this is happening.

Crews were working all day yesterday just down from us.  So loud.  I have no clue what they're doing.  Today they came to the door. 6 barking, howling dogs, he rang the ring doorbell.  I was on the phone.  Yeesh.  In my jammies and I couldn't hear him through the door, I don't normally open the door when Isabel is in protect mode.  But I did to hear him and she went squirrely.  Even as a wobbly and feeble old lady she would protect us. So, a watermain is leaking and they needed the driveway to hold the hydro pole.  ?  
They asked if I needed out.  I panicked and said no, go ahead.  Except Jia has school and work today.  I should have had Lili move her car out.  I wasn't thinking except about shutting 6 dogs up.  Now we're trapped. 
Eric might be home with Luk in time to save the day.