Sasha had an appointment with our vet on Friday. The second we went in the door she started panting and promptly peed on me. So I took my t-shirt off for the appointment. She did a blood sample and we discussed the meds long term. I did tell her I felt the seizures in the emergency vet were because they overdosed her. The blood work came back and on Monday I got a call from Dr. Amelia and after talking to the emergency vet and reading the file she agrees with me, so we are thankfully weaning Sasha off of the anti seizure meds. They keep her tired and dizzy and need to be given every 8 hours. So right now I do noon, 8pm and 4am. I'd love to drop the 4am! However, Sasha is now taking her pills in peanut butter! So it is easy.
Then we were asked to get a pee sample. Haha. The suggestion is to walk her on a leash for her morning pee outside and have a ladle to put under her. Omg. She is 5.6lbs and uses a pee pad. I woke this morning, locked Coco out of our room, put a pee mat on the floor upside down and she peed on it. What a doll. It's like she understood the mission. We poured it into a ziplock and Eric delivered it to the vet this morning. I'm feeling accomplished and that might be enough for today.
Eric is helping a friend today. Fei worked last night so she'll sleep all day. Luk wakes in the afternoon, such a teen. Kai was up at 4:30 today so he should be napping soon. Jia and Lili are working. I ran my errands yesterday. So there isn't much on my shedule today.
I did wake in another low. 3.8. So, another cereal morning. Shreddies with banana. The shaking and cold sweats are almost over. Next will be a chill, then I'll need a nap. Eric hung around today until my brain was functioning a bit better. I get very confused in a low. With all I have happening physically, the diabetes is 1000% the worst. It staggers me to hear that I'm actually really well managed. How are others dealing with regulating their blood all day, every day. No breaks. Ever.
On Saturday we joined another family and did the back road from Lake Cowichan to Port Renfrew and visited Botanical Beach. We haven't been in many, many years. The pools have been decimated by poachers. It's not like it used to be. It was fun to hunt for critters. It's bleak though. When you compare it to the abundance on Side Bay.
This was funny to me. Wicked wild, curvy road all the way but where a wee bridge was repaired there is now free standing lights. In the middle of no where.
The hike down is 1km. The hike up is more like 3. Haha. Kidding. It's 1km up. I gave myself a head start and did it more leisurely. It did mean time alone in the deep forest. Bit scary.
It was a good day.
Our plan was to head out just Oscar and Squirrel on Sunday and find a couple lakes on our own. However, Oscar was chirping. So, we were grounded. Turns out he needs a new front drive shaft. We're waiting for it to come in, fingers crossed for today.
We have two camping invites. One to Franklin Falls in Port Alberni and one to camp on Mount Washington. I want to do both. We can go together in Squirrel if Oscar is still throwing a fit.










