Luk

Luk
Our family.

Wednesday, August 26, 2026

How is life for ya'll?

 

Last infusion.  Got there and vital check showed blood pressure of 84/67.  Bit too low.  So lots of talks and rigamarole to get through.  My nurse hung around pretty close and did like 20 checks. Even using two machines to make sure the machines agreed.  Sheesh. Then I had to stay extra long for extra fluids.

I did get an appointment for St Paul's Anal Dysplasia Clinic.  Did I mention that already?  It conflicted with the next Tremfya appointment so the date was rearranged while I was there.  The lab, the carriers, the pharmacy drop here, carrier to the island, matched with an appointment date at the private clinic. Phew.
Both happening while Eric is away.  I'll need my Mama to help with the boys to get through those days.

R.i.p. my Queen.
Then heard this morning that Tim Curry passed too. 
The boys were dragged with us yesterday.  School shopping.  Five pairs of pants for Luk, 3 for Kai.  A stack of shirts and shoes for Kai.  We still need to find shoes for Luk that will fit over his orthotics.  Then rewarded with Chinese smorgasbord.

We booked another Mexico cruise for February with Shannon, Ken and kids!  Royal Carribean, Voyager of the Seas.  It was a mega sale.  We booked two inside rooms.  40% off 1st passenger, 60% off the second, 3rd and 4rth free.  What?!
It's a huge ship.  There are street parades and an ice show.  So fun.  Even better, Shannon found it, I just had to book.  

Woke yesterday to the news of an active shooter.  He was caught.  Good lord, what is happening to our little town?!

Thanks Facebook for the memory.  Sob.  Is there a way to turn those off?

So, I have no plans yet for the day.  A responsible person would get Luk going and hunt out shoes.  Or at the least find Crocs in bigger sizes for the boys for their February trip.  

I didn't eat a snack before bed.  I'm usually high after an infusion so I was hoping to combat that.  Diabetes won again.  You can't overthink it.  Woke to a low.  Surprise, surprise.  There is no way to get all 42 factors aligned all the time.  I've eaten my cereal with milk.  The shaking has stopped.  I anticipate likely being wonky all day.  Yet again, cursing the surgeon that removed part of my pancreas.