Luk

Luk
Our family.

Sunday, August 2, 2026

Owies

 

Sassy keeps showing me her owie on her leg.  From the i.v.

She is just the sweetest.  Sob.

Eric put in a ton of work getting Oscar ready for his trip.  He left at 3:30am on Saturday and got the obligatory ferry picture at daybreak.  Looking sharp Oscar.

Meeting up for the Whipsaw trail.

17 tigs started out together.  A bit of drama and one couple left.  Then there was a split.  I don't know much.  Why can't the groups get along?  So frustrating.  Eric and Ben left the others and camped on their own on the other side of the lake ;)  

Eric was gunner.  The air is thick with smoke.  They saw live fire through Manning Park.  I'm sure he'll have lots to tell me when he's home.

It was freezing on the mountain top.  Light snow.  Eric took his fleece pillowcase off and used it as a hat.  I haven't heard from him yet today.  He obviously survived.  I saw him moving on the 360 app this morning.

He did send these three photos of a ground squirrel.  Adding to the fomo.



The house that was shot up and had bombs thrown at it is for sale.  Won't you be our neighbor.  Haha.  I sure hope it doesn't become a rental again.

I keep hearing thumps and bumps outside.  Sounds like near or in Eric's garage.  Luk went to investigate for me.  I thought maybe the darn raccoons but nope.  We have a new family living on the back patio.

With their wee button babies.

I'm pathetically watching the time for Sassy's med time.  The fear and anxiety is real.  Fei left for work.  Jia is with Robert.  I'm on my own with Luk and Kai.

You know how everyone says to call if you need them...does this qualify?  Can someone come and support me in shoving pills down Sasha's throat?  Kidding, not kidding.  

Chanting, I can do this, I can do this. We medicated Finn for years with liquid.  Gave insulin shots to Jr.  Izzy was easy, we threw pills and she caught and ate them followed by a treat.  But I have never shoved a pill down a Chi.  Cats are murder to medicate.  But I jabe done it, dressed in armor.  With Sassy I don't want to hurt her, upset her or violate her trust.