Luk

Luk
Our family.

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Poor wee Isabel

I can only say that for a little while.  Poor little thing was spayed yesterday.  She was woozy, vomiting, dizzy and walking into things.  She was dog tired and slept most of the day.  Unfortunately for Eric she was up at 4.  Today she is more like herself but obviously has a sore tummy. 

It's mine and Eric's 18th wedding anniversary.  I don't recall a year that we had our anniversary at home, but for Isabel we kept things pretty low key.  I took today off work and we spent the day together and that was nice and peaceful.  Any time without kids is peaceful.  This morning Eric woke me up with chocolate cake in bed.  Pretty exciting, he knows me so well.  The kids were floored that they were getting chocolate cake for breakfast!  Tonight Lili and I set the dinning room up with the good dishes and finery, lit candles and put on background piano music.  It was lovely.  Kids didn't realize that they've never had dinner with us on our anniversary and were somewhat touched to be included.   We should use the dinning room more often.

So, no more adoption news.  I check several times a day now.  Seriously obsessing now.