Luk

Luk
Our family.

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Random

I got this in an e-mail this morning and it made me laugh out loud -

If you have a child with autism, then you know that life is NOT like a rollercoaster ride. It’s more like hanging upside down on a triple corkscrew that makes sudden and surprising stops in shark infested waters.

Random thoughts,

-  Eric and I are reading through the educational component of our home study requirements, OK, I've read it all and I'm now sitting with Eric while he muddles through on the computer.  It all seems so needless after three adoptions.  I could do a better job writing a lot of the articles.  Grumble, grumble.  This home study is turning out to be the longest one in history.  We let our agency know 1st week of Aug. that we were ready, and were assigned a social worker two weeks ago and we still haven't heard from her.  I'm slowly picking my way through everything we can get done on our own.  It's tedious for sure. 

- My van had some glitches and Eric has been working on trying to figure out the cause.  He finally stopped changing fuses and put in a new fuse box.  Voila!  A whole new car.  Everything works beautifully.  I'm loving the van.  Not so much the parking of the van but the concept. 

- The roof is done!  Just needs ridge cap done.  The section over the utility and sun room needs done still but it actually needs to be rebuilt, so I'm not so sure he'll do that this year. 

- If Little Guy moves into Fei's room, and Fei goes into Lili's room, Lili to the toy room, the toy room to the guest room and finally the guest room to the apartment, that means we have five rooms to re-do!  Yikes.  Also means the storage in the toy room and guest room have to move to the cubbies in my room.  Oy.  So, I'm rummaging through, sorting, culling, junking and the house is getting messier and messier by the second.  Last night it finally occurred to me that perhaps I should be cleaning for the social worker visits instead of making big messes. 

- Jia continues to visit with Tia, hugs her bowl everyday and tells us she just lubs her.

- Halloween this weekend.  Planning to ride the train.  Trick or Treat in town on Sat.  Lili has a B-day party on Sat. and the big girls have a piano party to go to on Sat.  No clue what a piano party is, need to question their teacher tomorrow at their lesson.  Lili is a sheriff this year, Fei is a sorceress (a good one) and Jia is Minnie Mouse.  Actually I bought Jia everything to be a clown, she hated it.  Then bought her a Winnie the Pooh and she hated that more.  Showed her five costumes from the dress up box, she rejected them all.  So, she is wearing her Minnie Mouse dress because she likes it NOT because it's a costume.  Lili, Fei and I are perplexed at her dislike of Halloween.  We did decorate the mantle last night so we're ready.