Luk

Luk
Our family.

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Fei's speech

Lili was riding with Eric, so Jia took this picture for us while we were working on the poster.

Tall boys helping get her poster hung up.
 
For all of you who know Fei, you KNOW how much she hates to speak, or speak out loud, or speak in public.  We've had our interventionist and her music teacher work with her for months at a time and she pretty much flat our refuses to introduce herself at recitals.  I honestly figured we were at 50/50 on her doing the oral speech at school.  We left it all to the last minute.  In part to create less stress and in part because I hate homework and it wasn't a fun project.  I wasn't worried about her memorizing the speech, because her memory is better than any one I know hands down.  We just had to worry about the level of stress caused by her having to speak in front of her classmates.
 
The day came and we went to school and it was put off until after lunch.  I went back and thought for sure she wouldn't do it.  She got called out of order which was likely a good thing and she got up and was a pro.  Nailed the memory part.  Looked around the room.  Spoke clearly and loudly.  Pointed at things on her poster and smiled.  I was so proud.  It happened too fast for me to get misty.  She wouldn't let anyone be there except me but I did video it. 
 
Way to go Fei!!