Luk

Luk
Our family.

Monday, August 4, 2014

The Annual Kissinger Lake trip

Ahhh.  Our favorite spot.  So nice.  Hard to relax with four kids.  Even harder when they're in a group.  We did manage to relax as much as possible though.  There isn't too much to do there except swim. 

Jia isn't very comfortable in the water.  She is reluctant to enjoy herself.  I was swimming with her on my back and she panicked and was gripping my neck, making breathing difficult and then I was panicking and going under.  I called to Eric who was WAY away.  Ken and Shannon and a bunch of strangers were near but I finally managed to get her arms off me and flung her away from me (she was wearing a life jacket) and I held her at arms length and she said 'what should I do?'.  I told her to kick,  and she did, all the way in.  Proved she could swim if she had to.  I praised her like crazy for how great she was at helping us stay alive.  It was a scary moment.  When Eric got there I was holding her tight and trying to catch my breath and my knees were weak and shaky.  Happened so fast.  So, the lesson is to always wear your pdf when in the deep with little kids. 

Luk wasn't interested in swimming but he loved the little yellow blow up boat and happily played in there.  Lili and Fei were swimming mostly on their own. 

So, fun times with friends, lots of good food, fabulous warm lake, great site and the motorhome worked great.  Looking forward to going back.