Luk

Luk
Our family.

Thursday, October 22, 2015

Luk's drawing of our family.

Luk's teacher approached me gently last week to let me know Luk is quite delayed.  I let her know we were quite aware.  She is concerned that he is no where near ready for kindergarten.  Wonders if we're ready to have cognitive assessments done.  I let her know that we would continue with the medical stuff for now and give him more time to catch up.  Physical delays tend to over ride cognitive delays.  He still works on walking with out falling.  Just recently he has started doing stairs if he has a railing to hang on to.  

I think he's making forward progress.  We aren't too tremendously worried yet.  Registration for kindergarten is in Jan.  The big question is how much support he'll need.  We were thinking he'd only need bathroom help.  His teacher is thinking he'll need more.  She is quick to add that he's cute and sweet and he pays attention.  He seems to be getting along with the other kids.  Just got his first party invite and he likes going to school. 

So while the talk is focused on what Luk can and can not do, he surprises me by sitting with me and drawing our whole family!  And we all have eyes ;)  I rescued his work and got it in his box right away.