Luk

Luk
Our family.

Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Score at the thrift today.

I usually look for books, seasonal items, novelties and trinkets for the kids.  Today I found a whole set of 8 of my china set!  ROSALIE from 1930.  My set was my Grandma's.  After she passed dear Grampa started using them and put them through the dish washer.  They are worn, faded and crackled.  They are gorgeous.  I got them in a hope chest from my much adored Grampa when I was 16.  Eric has helped me search for more pieces through the years, hoping to replace the missing pieces.  We've only found a few lone pieces. Then we got kids and all thoughts of dishes went by the wayside.  Until today....I was pretty darn excited to see a whole set, with serving pieces!  The best part, whole set for $60.  Some days at the thrift are definitely more rewarding ;)

Kids weren't thrilled and had no interest in playing with dishes. Go figure. I had a blast playing in them. 

The ones I bought today.
Amalgamated.
Cleared a shelf.
Ready for a dinner party :)  Perhaps my 50th.