Luk

Luk
Our family.

Thursday, March 14, 2019

Birds and bugs and butterflies oh my.

It's too cold for me to be camping.  So we're home for spring break.  I thought visiting Butterfly Garden would be a fun warm spring time thing to do.  It wasn't a big hit for our crew.  Lili had to work so she missed our adventure day.  There is an insectarium there.  Which was creepy but interesting. On the way in Kai found a water fountain he could reach and operate on his own.  He moaned all through the gardens that he was thirsty in an effort to get back to the fountain.  Jia was not impressed with the 1000 blue morphos that were released that morning.  She was seeing them as giant bugs.  Her horror freaked out Luk who was doing high pitched girl screams when one got close.  Which was often because - 1000 large butterflies in a small space.  I had budgeted three hours.  We didn't make one.  Eric took the littles out so Fei and I could enjoy a few minutes of peace in the garden, watching the koi, turtles, flamingos and of course the butterflies.

We took the kids to a playground after.  Which they loved way more than the garden!  Eric stayed with them.  Fei watched a movie in the car and I napped.  We had planned to do Chinese buffet but that felt like a lot of work so we went to Spaghetti Factory instead.  Late night.  We were just in time to get Lili on the way home.
Ant farm...extremely cool...could have watched them for hours.  Or at least longer than the two minutes I was allowed.  


A bird eater.  Biggest spider we've seen outside of cartoons!  

Not sure what he was mad about.


She was soooo excited to be there...until we were in and the big bugs were flying.  She has loved butterflies (Jiaflies) for so long.  This was a sad ending for her.  


The many faces of Kai.  I normally cull the wild face ones out but I didn't get many pictures at all.




I was having fun.

This crane is in front of the Spaghetti Factory.
It garnered WAY more excitement than the butterflies!