Luk

Luk
Our family.

Thursday, February 13, 2020

Celebrating Kai's Metcha Day

Four years ago we met our Kai for the first time.  It was a whirlwind adoption.  He keeps us on our toes and teaches us so much about patience, acceptance and expectations.  We adore our little boy and are so glad he found his way to us.

Every year when  it's time to pick out dinner he requests Cheerios. Fei told me not to lead him.  The other kids find cereal for dinner annoying.  Eric and I think it's adorable and we're totally thrilled to let him have his way.  I prefer it to the McDonalds Jia picks every year.  Anyways...this year I told him it was his metcha and his turn to pick dinner.  He shouted "yay" and "OUT".  Then it sounded like Sammy's.  I though maybe Wendy's but he tried again and it sounded more like sandwich so I guessed Subway and he was super delighted that I got it.  He wants a veggie sandwich from Subway!  
First glimpse.  So cute.
Our first family photo.  He was placed in our home two days later.  
This was two weeks after placement.  Can't believe how fast time is going by.  He was so little.
It was all that he dreamed.