Luk

Luk
Our family.

Wednesday, October 2, 2024

Today brought to you by the number 52.

 

Both boys had appointments in the city today.  We packed a lunch to enjoy inbetween them.

Kai saw the Endocrinologist.  His sugars are good, his liver enzymes are good, his cholesterol is still too high but not high enough to medicate.  He's growing.  5' 5" now.  Unfortunately his puberty growth has stopped and his testosterone has declined.  So he has stalled.  We get to ignore this until he's 14 and then will move to shots at home.  Luk saw the Neurologist who has followed him since he came home.  He's doing great.  We need to consider lightning the load of his backpack.  The boys iep meetings are Monday so we can discuss Luk leaving his books at school.  No one does homework here anyways.


My pony underneath.  Haha.

Another gorgeous day.

Watching him figure this out was fun.

More small joys.
We also stopped at a thrift store and bought the 3 things on my list.  A big bowl for Cheese, pasta serving spoon for the house and one last pair of red plaid pj pants for the family xmas photo this year.  So that was successful.  The joy part for me...I have a favorite dress that I bought in the states a few years ago.  It's looking worn and is too big.  I found the same dress in black and in a smaller size today!  

Lili walks around town on her lunch hours.  She has discovered the hospital auxiliary thrift store.  Yesterday she bought a Mackage winter coat for $15, online it started at $600 so that was quite the find.

We made a deal with Jia that if he made Fei getting her up and to school easy we would bring back the much coveted soup dumplings from Costco.  We had to go get the dumplings ;)
No hardship for Luk and I because we got our much coveted poutine while we were there.
I stopped and stared at this Disney Halloween thing for way too long.  Luk was confused.  Haha.  I need a lottery win and a warehouse to hold treasures.  I resisted but it was hard.

Mine and Misters Halloween costumes for this year arrived today.
We're so adorable.

We were in Cherry today.  The urge/habit to wave to the Wranglers is strong.  We're well trained.  We passed five Wranglers before we even left Duncan and joked about how many we'd have to resist waving at.  I said 30.  Eric said 40.  The boys ignored us but when we hit 22 they got involved.  Luk said 35 and Kai said 45.  Kai can't see them but he was loving the numbers being called out and was keeping track of the last number and keeping us on track.  We actually saw 52 Wranglers in the wild today.  So Kai won.  He was of course quite delighted.  Conversely we saw 3 Broncos, 4 Navigators and not a single Commander.  

On the way home we were discussing the Halloween cruise.  Eric is good to decorate and do the event again.  He kept all of the decorations for Oscar.  Then it occurred to me that I could bring Onyx too.  So that was an exciting thought to amuse me on the drive.  I want to dress her as the dragon she is.  I need to figure out building wings and a tail.  We both have some ideas.  We have 26 days to create.  This is the fun part of life.
Gasp.  Is this photo real or fake?  Does this actually exist?  If any of ya'll see this please LET ME KNOW.  Fei and I will be very grateful :)