Luk

Luk
Our family.

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Waiting for a log in date confirmation

It's clear that we weren't in this last batch, which likely means our log in date is wrong.  Marg phoned me this morning (took time out on her holiday, which we really appreciate) and she was on the situation.  Understood the whole process, was clear on what she thinks happened and had a plan of action.  Her support was awesome and I feel much better today.  She is having the support people in China contact CCAA for a confirmed log in date.  Hopefully we'll hear tomorrow.

Now to celebrate the small things in life.  Lili lost her other front tooth and the fairy brought her $5 last night.  Fei has announced that she now knows how to put her hands out when she is falling, for which we are all super excited about.  Eric brought in his first harvest of peas from his garden and they were yummy.  Isabel doesn't seem to be biting us (mouthing us) anymore.  Lili and Fei discovered the world of Barbies today and I just got home and saw them playing with my old blond dolls and then let them pick out a Chinese Doll from their collections to play with and they were thrilled.  They didn't know they were allowed to take them out of the boxes.  Our Jeep just sold, first guy to look at it came today, sat in it and said sold, I knew if someone just came and saw it they'd appreciate how pretty it is.  The buyer can't get his car and the Jeep home tonight so I offered to drive it home for him and that means I get Chinese food out at Crystal Jade tonight.  Every one's favorite.  This one is pretty big...we won't have to travel in Aug. and it's pretty stinkin' hot in China in August and although I would willingly do anything to get my child home I have to admit the idea of Sept./Oct. travel is vastly more appealing. 

I know everyone is feeling bad for us, but really we're OK.  We've been through much, much worse.  This was a mere disappointment.  I'm not feeling up to the hype of watching rumors and referrals roll in again but I'll likely feel different about that in a few weeks.  Thank you to everyone who has reached out to support us, it was very kind and we want you to know it really does help.