Luk

Luk
Our family.

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Jia's name

Jia's name in China was Du Xiao Yu.  Du being the family name and Xiao given to all of the girls born in 2009, Yu being her precious name and it means Jade.

We announced that we would name her Jia Yu Xin.  Then in China when it came time to write her name down for the official paperwork.  I suddenly changed it to Jia Xiao Yu Nelson.  No idea why.  We didn't talk about it, it hadn't been on my mind and as a matter of fact I forgot to tell Eric that I had changed it.  He didn't even notice.  He's so trusting of me.  Anyways...more than a couple people have noticed since invites went out for the baby shower that there is a name discrepancy.  So, to straighten it out.  Her name really is Jia Xiao Yu Nelson.  Eric has forgiven me and the family all agrees that it suits her and they're all happy with her new name.