Luk

Luk
Our family.

Monday, December 20, 2010

Getting ready

The girls and the tree are lovely, but LOOK at that FLOOR!

Oh wow.

Can I open it now?  It has my name on it.

Oh look, my thumb just poked right through the paper.
Now Mom is putting the baby gate around the tree!!

Bah Humbug.  It's simply too much fuss at Christmas time.  Mom took Lili and Fei on Friday night.  Eric, Jia and I went out for dinner and to pick up a few things for the weekend.  Mostly we needed wrapping paper.  I bought 8 rolls.  We used it all.  That's just sick.  We only shop for our three kids.  It took me a whole hour just to locate the hidden bounty and get it to the living room.  Another half hour to sort and make sure the piles and purchases were even.  They're not.  Lili and Fei did WAY better than Jia.  Shhhh don't tell Jia.  We're hoping she won't notice this year.  Jia went to bed at 8.  Eric and I were up until mid night working non stop.  Sat. Eric rode.  Mom and Dad kept the big girls and Jia and I cleaned all four bedrooms.  Phew.  I don't normally clean the girls rooms.  Well, I do Jia's but not the big girls.  We're just running out of time and I wanted it done quickly so this one time it was easier.  Of course what I discovered was that Lili can't fold clothes at all and she has way to many bits of treasure.  Fei is a neat freak with her clothes and inside her drawers it's, well, it's just down right pretty.  She folds her little cammies and undies into little squares, I was so shocked and proud when I opened her drawers.  She does however have WAY too much make up and WAY too many head bands.  Too funny.  I was worried they would feel I invaded their space but they both came home and were thrilled that I'd done their rooms for them.  Go figure. 

So, Saturday night the tree just had lights and berries on it so we finally went through the decorations and got the tree and mantel done.  We downscaled the decorating because of Jia and Isabel but it's still festive.  Eric and the girls picked a scotch pine for our tree.  Don't do it folks.  They look lovely but deadly sharp needles on that sucker and we had to wear cloves to decorate.  I should say the girls wore gloves, I just handed them the doo dads after getting stuck by the tree a couple times.  So, it took all weekend but we're ready now.  The new floor is down and it's truely lovely.