Luk

Luk
Our family.

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Fei is 8 now!








The party was great fun.  It was calm, organized and reasonably quiet.  Jia joined right in.  Lots of Polar Bear fun and games.  The white food only was a hit.  I told all the kids that the food was all white and then said the only white drink was milk, but that there was juice available even though it wasn't white and when we said 'who wants milk?' all of them lifted their hand except one who wanted water.  How hillarious is that?  It was great to see them all enjoy Fei's theme.  Fei was delighted with her party.  Oh, and the marshmellow Polor Bears that Fei and I made were a hit at school and at the party. 

I don't think I've mentioned it on the blog but I got a new smart phone for my Birthday a couple weeks ago.  The HTC Desire (android), LOVE it, seriously LOVE it.  Best toy ever.  I find it absolutely amazing what it can do!!  I know I thought my telus internet key for the netbook was super cool, but the smart phone totally tops that.  I was using webmail on it but Steve fixed it so that I can use it for direct e-mail and that is such a great feature, Thank you again Steve!  The phone even has a flashlight on it, imagine?!  I thought what a silly thing to put on a phone, and yet I've actually had two occassions to use it.  Once to check Lili's tonsils and once to check one of her teeth.  I've loaded a kindle app and have 11 novels lined up to read.  I'm in total awe that I now have a book to read everywhere I am.  The kids love the games, especially angry bird.  I've loaded games and books for Jia, games for the girls, suduko for me and live wallpaper that is Koi fish swimming around that you can feed.  You can't imagine how delighted Jia gets to watch the fish and feed them.  Have I convinced anyone on the fence about a smart phone to get one?