Luk

Luk
Our family.

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Lazy Dayz of Summer

Turns out the trampoline has nice warm black cloth to lay on after a swim.

I don't know what this thing is supposed to be but Jia says it's a dog.

Total concentration.

Eric told Jia he was catching up to her so she kept turning around to see.

Look at those big kids playing in the little kid section!

It totally amazes me that she can hang and swing at 19mo.

Fun playing with Jenna who is 2 yrs 8mo.  They are the same size.

Those lazy days are finally upon us. I'm so glad we left our schedule open for August. The kids are really enjoying the down time too. Plus we aren't camping while it's hot and frankly that's never been one of my favorite things.
The big news of the day is Lili and Fei got smart phones on the weekend. They're absolutely delighted. Eric took mine and I got an updated one too. I think I spent about 12 hours yesterday getting all of us all set up. Four phones at once has been a bit of a chore :) The kids aren't exactly prepared to wait patiently either. They want apps and they want them now. They're set up with their first phone numer, their first e-mail, they're texting and they have their blogs set up on their phones. They have games and live wallpaper. Tonight we'll work on radio stations and ringtones. Fun stuff.  I realize that lots of others will object to them having smart phones or think that they're too young, but realistically if I'd got them I-pod touches, they'd be able to get apps to get them on the phone anyways.  They are being monitored, they know the rules that I've set up, they're good kids and they are abundantly clear that their phones are a priveledge and can and will be removed if they screw up.  For now it's working really well.  Both girls are loving having constant contact with me through text, IM, e-mail and phone, it's all good for now.

We were supposed to go to another FCC picnic on Sunday but the big girls didn't want to go. It was too nice a day to force the issue. We did manage to meet up with a few families after at a park and then have dinner together. So that part worked out for me. They all have little kids so it was fun to see Jia with other little ones. Lili and Fei mostly sat and played on their phones.

Our gate is installed, will post pictures another day. Eric is getting ready to finish off the last of the fencing around the front. I can't wait! Fencing and gate are better than diamonds baby!