Luk

Luk
Our family.

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Making the lanterns.





Autumn Moon Festival time again.  Time to make our lanterns again.  Miss Jia loved the project and was covered in glue.  It took Fei and I great effort to keep her on task and it took about an hour to get her gems onto her lantern.  I think they turned out quite lovely.  However...Jia then spent the weekend trying to pick the gems off and we were all picking them up.  So, I'm thinking I'll set her to task picking them off at home where we don't have to worry about littering.  Then I'll scrub the glue residue off and put another coat of glitter paint on them and then next year we'll glue a dragon picture on them or wrap asian ribbon on them or something.  The glass jars were great, they glowed beautifully, were easy to carry and didn't get destroyed.  Most of our lanterns so far have been lucky to survive one event and then we have to patch and glue for the second event.