Luk

Luk
Our family.

Monday, September 26, 2011

Sept.

She's got so much stuff in her big girl bed that it's like a little nest.

First day of Jia's music class.  She's showing us the owl on her shirt.
I've got owls decorating my phone, so she loves to point out any other owls.

Just relaxing with Lewis.

We went to a park on Sat.  Weather was fabulous.  Park was great.
I thought this picture was hillarious.  The girls have caught their prey!

Starting with the big news...Jia is sleeping in her big girl bed!!  I've been mumbling for weeks now that it's time, she is starting to climb out of the crib and I didn't want her falling.  I also wasn't so sure that she could behave with that much more freedom.  I had visions of her downstairs putting things in the microwave, or loading the toilets up with books and toys.  Eric took her up for a nap on Friday and realized her crib had been stripped so put her in her big girl bed and she stayed there and napped!  So on Friday I met Eric and Jia at the girls school for the Terry Fox Run and she was pretty darn excited to tell me that she 'nigh nigh in baby Jia's BIG bed'.  She's gone into her bed three nights in a row now and so far it's been great.  She comes straight to me when she wakes up!  We're so proud of her.  She is so proud of her!  The Terry Fox Run was fun, Lili was there with her new little buddy in Kindergarten.  She's a cute little thing, although they are very close in size! Lili is so excited to have her first little buddy.  Jia walked for the whole half hour.  She's even been walking into town with Eric lately.  I think that's a heck of a long way for a 20month old. 

Getting back into our routine has been better this year than usual.  Last weekend we had no plans!  Jia had her music class and it was fabulous.  She was so happy to be back.  She didn't participate much but she paid attention and clapped when the songs ended.  After class we decided to make a trip to Victoria.  Spur of the moment.  We rarely get to Victoria on our own or without meeting friends.  We went to Capital Iron and checked out the antique Chinese furniture then ate dinner at Cafe Mexico, my favorite!  Yum.

This past Sat. the girls took a Home Alone Safety class with Haley and Hanna.  It was three hours and I was quite impressed at how much they covered in three hours.  We're not prepared to actually leave them alone at home.  They told me last night that they think they'd be brave enough for 15mins. but not at night :)  Oh, and they didn't think they could handle Jia on their own quite yet.  So sweet.  Again...no worries we have no plans to leave them on their own!

Our friends Debbie, Chris and Asia are in China right now picking up Emily!  They have her and the photos are wonderful.  She is sooo sweet.  Can't wait for her and Jia to meet.  Emily is four months younger than Jia.  I also have an internet friend who is in China right now picking up her 7 year old daughter Eva.  Very exciting stuff.  I'm stalking both of their sites for updates.  It sooooo makes me want to go back. 

Everyone is doing great right now.  I'm happy all of our shows are back on.  Eric is getting the yard all winterized.  We're getting our first good rains.  It's time to cozy in for winter.