Luk

Luk
Our family.

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Catelina Island

Tendering in.


The whole bay was paved with pavers.  No cars.  Golf carts and bikes only.
We did see cars a couple blocks back though.

I was so excited to see Catelina Island until I read that it was the most poluted beach in North America, of course I read that after we'd booked.  I can't fathom that is true though, it was simply pristine there.

She was quite happy to ride in her $10 Wal-Mart stroller.





Lili and I were pretty sick in Disneyland, it hit Eric hard on the first night of the cruise.  I've never actually seen him sick from a flu before.  Anyways...he was way too sick to come to shore so he missed out.  It was very beautiful there.  A bit like going to Saltspring.  Seems like a great idea, you get all hyped about going and then wander around wondering why you bothered.  Looked like great shopping if you were interested in shopping.   We had a great walk, watched a wedding on the beach, walked the whole bay.  I wish we'd taken the time to rent bikes but it seemed daunting without Eric there.  There were bikes with baby seats, but I didn't see any kids bikes for Lili and Fei.  There were double seaters that they could have gone on but we didn't have enough adults.  It was a very relaxing and calm place to spend a morning.  We went back to the boat for a late lunch and nap.