Luk

Luk
Our family.

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

ACDC - Back in Black

Our Rock Star Fei had her drum line concert on Saturday.  Very cool.  I've never seen anything like it.  Her drumming teacher had 120 kids in the show.  The opening show was amazing, all 120 of them playing their sticks in the air and on the floor while walking around the audience.  It was really loud and the drumming just moved you to move to the beat.  There was a break while a new drum set up was happening and Jia said 'is there more beautiful music?' and we told her there was and she clasped her hands together and her eyes got huge and she said "will it be Winnie the Pooh?!".  Ah, no, no Winnie the Pooh tonight sweetie.  OMG how cute is that?!  Love it.  I've been laughing for days about it.

Now, I couldn't get my camera to take a decent indoor shot in the dark church at rehearsal so I took Eric's camera instead and it was completely glitchy and wouldn't take any pictures at all.  Arg.  Mom was with us and had forgotten to put her memory card in and my memory card didn't fit her camera.  So frustrating.  Thankfully I took video of the rehearsal.  Her hair is covering her face, she is fourth from the right and the kids aren't in their matching black and white but you get the idea of what her drum line is all about.  I had to order the dvd of the show because we didn't 'get' the actual performance. 


Now of course I'm not sure what to do about the stupid cameras.  Seems I eat up digital cameras.  I think they should last longer than I get out of them.  Obviously carrying them in my purse is causing some wear and tear and I do take an enormous amount of pictures.  You all only see a small number of them here on the blog.  I had planned to take Eric's on our trip to China because it's smaller.  Now I'm stuck with my big Nikon.  So, what camera are you all using and do you like it?  I like my Nikon but I miss a lot of shots with it, always looking for a setting.  The auto just doesn't do much on any indoor shots.  Seems I take a lot of pictures with blur. 

I sent in our visa applications and got a call last Monday telling me that Lili's would be denied because I didn't include a Chinese passport.  I tried my best to explain that she didn't have one since she's Canadian and all but I was left feeling a bit distraught.  Can you imagine all the work this trip has taken to arrange and then not be allowed to go because Lili was denied access to China by the very people who invited her!?!  Wow.  Anyways, our passports arrived here at the office on Friday with visas in them!  So, we're good to go now.  All paperwork is done.  Five more weeks.