Luk

Luk
Our family.

Monday, April 28, 2014

Larengitis

Oh my.  Tough days here.   Dealing with Jia with no voice is pretty impossible.  Eric doesn't stick around me when I'm home, he takes every minute he can to catch up outside.  Which left Lili and Fei.  Who have been good sports about reading my words to Jia but they don't stay with me every minute either.  Sigh.  Jia however is right beside me talking non stop and demanding answers.   Turns out she is almost as hopeless as Lili at charades.  Luk hasn't noticed that anything is amiss.  As long as the snacks keep coming he's all good.

Jia is an emerging reader but her list isn't helping me communicate with her in writing.  Cat hat bat mat sat pat house mouse tree love mom dad Lili Fei Jia Luk Nelson dog and pig.  Those words don't help with leave your brother alone,  get down from there, take that out of you mouth and I already said no 12 times!

I'm home on a flex day today.  Hoping for healing miracles today so life can go back to normal tomorrow.

When we asked our agency to lock in a file for a little boy on the shared list, they dropped the ball were too slow and we missed his file.  I was thrilled to see a picture of him this morning.   He came home in Oct.  He is #4 and he looks great and he looks happy.  Love our on - line adoption community.

I bought a used sand table for Luk and Jia, we picked it up yesterday along with some sand box sand.  We're waiting for Eric to give it a scrub.  Can't wait for the kids to get to put their sand in.  Jia knows it's here but it will be a huge surprise for Luk.