Luk

Luk
Our family.

Sunday, June 17, 2018

Fathers Day

Celebrating Eric with a camping weekend. Made complicated with the girls work schedule. I'll spare you the details.

We finally did the forest trail to the ocean. Eric and I took Jia and Luk. NOT a wheelchair friendly hike. Luk made it down ok. Coming up was brutal and we took the road way back. We finally sent Eric ahead to get the car. Lots of talks about how sometimes adventure days don't turn out as wonderful as others. Thankful Kai didn't come. He can get really difficult when he's not comfortable.

Eric took the kids to the beach to play the next day. I stayed back with the dogs and Kai. Dogs aren't allowed on the beach and Kai hates being outside, sand, being wet and wind. The beach is NOT his happy place. He had fun watching Dumbo for the first time with me. I told Eric that if there weren't pictures it didn't happen. He took one of Jia. Sigh.

I tried a camping hack. Taco salad in chip bags. Basic fail. Too awkward for the boys. Jia would have preferred just chips. Too many chips that were too salty. I think Eric enjoyed the novelty or at least my effort.
Overall it was a good weekend.