Luk

Luk
Our family.

Wednesday, August 8, 2018

10 days off.

Staycation for me and the teens. Eric and the littles got to camp at Lake Cowichan. I booked a week, Eric made it five nights. Longer than I thought he'd manage! It was a lot of driving back and forth for me. 2 hours each trip. I stayed home to accommodate the girls work schedule. Which worked out great for the dogs. Much cooler at home. Also Oliver cries when he's been alone. He's not ready to be left yet.

Mom and I took the big girls school shopping in Victoria. I took four of the kids to see the Christopher Robyn movie. We all liked it. Jia didn't want to go. The rubber springs broke on the tag axle of the moho on the way home so Eric was busy figuring out where/how to order/fix that. He's taken it all apart and ordered replacement parts so all is good. Pricey but good. We found ice cream a few times. Did a couple kayaking days. Swam lots. In the lake and at home. Took Kai to consult with a surgeon in Victoria. That needs a separate post. I got a pedicure. Lili and Fei got haircuts. Lots of summer fun.

I had hoped to cull out the littles shoes and coats and clean all the cubbies. Eric did the boys shoes for me. The rest just didn't get done. I've done a lot of school shopping. All piled in the laundry room waiting to be moved in. If only that was more fun ;)


Back to our private beach.



Making silly movies together.


Maple s'mores.

Looks like they had the beach to themselves.








He has retained some stuff.

The shopping day.

Took Fei to meet our cows.

Getting pretty close.

New Vans from Gramma.


Believe it or not...my first Starbucks treat.