Luk

Luk
Our family.

Wednesday, August 8, 2018

Surgery Consult for Kai.

The Duncan team rejected Kai as too complex. So I was really hoping the Victoria team would take him on. If rejected we would be stuck going to Children's.

So we put him in a nice outfit. Cleaned him up. Fixed his hair. Polished his glasses. Did his teeth. We talked about expectations and behavior. Ya. You all know already how that worked out for us. Why do we try?!

We walked in the office and saw this...

He ran full tilt towards it. I yelled to Eric to get him. Stopped him last second as he was climbing in.

We sat down and Luk read Green Eggs and Ham by himself. Yay.



Then we noticed the back of Kai's hair. Rooster tail! How?


Kai was pretty busy in the waiting room. When his name was called he leaped up and ran to the Dr. yelling "me, I Kai!". Then he couldn't climb into the chair so Eric helped him and he promptly did his maxin' pose with arms behind his head and slipped off the chair. So Eric put him back on and then he crossed his legs and tipped over off the chair towards the Dr. The entire time he is telling a huge story loudly and unintelligible. The Dr. looked at me and said "I can only imagine what he's like in the winter." I didn't bother to tell him there are NO breaks...that's just our Kai 24/7. So the Dr. blessedly agreed to do the surgery. With special plans in place. Oct. 19. Kai has no clue. We were told he should stay still for two weeks after. I said clearly that will be impossible. He agreed.

I told Eric I just wanted to cry in there. He said he did too. We went to Cobbs Bread and then headed home.