Luk

Luk
Our family.

Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Long Weekend

We shopped Friday for groceries so we could settle in at home. I wanted to rest and make sure the cold didn't become more. Eric spent two days in the room project. It's at lock up. Insulation is done. Wires run. Cat door in. Drywall next...I think. I've made some lighting, flooring and color decisions. No pictures. Oddly. Not like me.

Jia was diagnosed adhd a couple weeks ago and Luk was diagnosed add inattentive last week. Reeling from that news. Not shocking but upsetting anyways. Same spectrum, opposite ends. I was certain Luk was fatigued with a processing delay. He only needed two or three markers for the diagnosis but he had 8 out of the ten markers. Yikes. Totally expected with spina bifida, extremely common for kids with shunts. Kid has so much going on, I was just so hopeful we weren't adding learning challenges to the list.

Monday Lili worked all day. The rest of us piled in the car, dropped her and took off to Victoria for the day. Costco. Old Navy for me...I wanted my favorite jeans but without holes in the fabric. Mom jeans. Got them and they were half price. Fei won't wear Old Navy but she humored me in there.

We drove around James Bay and did the scenic route to look at mansions. Then early dinner at Purple Garden. We were able to pick Lili up on the way home.

It was a decently peaceful day. It was good to finally get out of the house for something other than school, sports, appointments or grocery shopping :)

Movie making.



Jia and her Walter.