Luk

Luk
Our family.

Thursday, January 3, 2019

Home

What a day. Up early. Forward motion. Left the hotel in an uber. Great experience at LAX for the first time. No one yelled. Did get to have one very ugly moment with another traveler. Grrr. Flight was extremely turbulent and we had a seriously creepy guy beside us. He spilled his full messy life to me then said he didn't know why he told me all that. Ya' because it's my gift. Strangers always spill their stories to me. Then he was agitated and hunted down a beer. Jia and I hung back to give him lots of time to get off the plane.

Then...we exited the plane in a storm, sleet and snow, we stepped into 2" of water covering the whole tarmac. Yuk. In our Keens with soaking wet feet. We were thoroughly drenched by the time we got to the Jeep. We couldn't put the heat on because it was overheating and I was worried about it. Had to keep opening the windows to deal with condensation. Rain pelting in. Thankfully the border was quick. Just before the ferry the check engine light came on. Could be minor or catastrophic. Desperate calls to Eric.

Eric to the rescue. He met us at Duke Point. We switched cars. Jia was so cute about it. Daddy is totally her hero right now. On a dark and stormy night, there he was. I was pretty happy to see him too ;)

When we got home there was a lot of excitement and animals and stories and three girls talking at once. Eric escaped us and was outside dealing with a clogged drain in our driveway.

Serious flooding all over our valley. I've had enough of weather.