Luk

Luk
Our family.

Thursday, January 3, 2019

Ugly People

Our world is so broken.

We're tired. Four seriously long hard days in the parks. We're in a line up for security at LAX and Jia has declared her back pack too heavy. So she is in a frog squat pushing her pack along the floor. I could care less, frankly was happy she was amused and not talking to me as I was texting a couple different conversations. I see a man staring at her angrily. Thought I'd make light of it and said with a laugh "she's really tired". He snarled and said "more like lazy". I was shocked at his anger. She wasn't next to him, wasn't making any noise, not holding up the line. For good measure he added "she's what's wrong with our country". I looked at him and just said "there's no call to be so mean". And the line moved and he was away from us.

I was in a rage but headed to security so pushed it away. It keeps coming back though. What on earth was that all about?! My gut says racial issue. Jia is by far the least lazy person. I don't think I could even do a frog squat walk. I don't think ugly old caucasian man would have been capable of the squat walk either.

Jia was thankfully clueless.

The frontrunner of things I wish I'd said "no sir, you are what's wrong with your country".