Luk

Luk
Our family.

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Fei's Gotcha Day


Eight years ago today on a very hot and humid day in Nanchang, Jiangxi, we walked into a room looking for our toddler Fei and were promptly handed the littlest baby.  She was wearing just a onsie, was very shy and then very mad.  She fought me with everything she had to get away from me.  I held on with all I had while trying to pay attention to the paperwork details.  I'll never know why the paper details have to be so closely attached to the hand off moment.  We took her to our room and she calmed down and let Eric change her diaper.  We marveled at how beautiful she was, were stunned at how small she was and worried like crazy about her lack of muscles and delayed appearance.  How far our wee girl has come!  We love you like crazy cakes Missy Fei Fei. 

We have friends over for dinner and a swim tonight and Fei chose her dessert, strawberries dipped in chocolate.  Looking forward to those!