Luk

Luk
Our family.

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

The tree







I ran into my cousin in town and she told me about their tree hunt and she thought she must be really picky because they had to keep going somewhere else until they found one.  I arrogantly thought 'oh, we'll just go to the same place we always go just down the road and pick one out in a few minutes'.  Hmmm.  We went after school yesterday and they were priced from $50 to $80 for the size we normally get.  So, we went to a lot and found the perfect tree immediatly for $40.  Turned out it was sold and then I didn't like anything else there.  I was prepared to sit in the car while Eric just picked one out but he took us to a tree farm instead.  It's the farm we used to go to when we lived in the old house.  It is so beautiful there.  The fellow working there was great, we told him what we wanted, he told us which way to walk and off we went.  Jia has decided in the last few weeks (since she potty trained) that she is no longer going to walk.  So Eric put her up on my shoulders and she promptly fell asleep which made my trudging through the fields a little more difficult.  When the man working with us came to check on us he took pity on me and loaded us up in his truck and took us to the edge where the Nova Firs were.  Lili and Fei's first ride in the back of an open truck.  We rode like that all the time when we were kids and I remember looking for Christmas trees from the back of a truck!  So that was pretty cool.  We finally found one that was tall enough and sturdy enough.  The girls seemed to prefer the overly groomed trees but I like some space for the doo-dads to dangle.  So the farm is any tree for $45.  Except ours, it was special, marked at $55.  Gotta' love it.  So, in the end I could have payed the crazy price of $50 from the first lot and it would have been cheaper!