Luk

Luk
Our family.

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Way behind in posting.


I'm lagging here.  Too busy at work to keep the blog up to date.  Way too busy and tired at home to load the pictures.  This post will be random and rambly.  Certainly not in order.  Here goes.


Our old house was 100% fenced.  When we moved to town, we had no fence and an old dog with questionable hearing and sight.  Eric very quickly fenced the side yard.  Then the back for the kids but we waited until there was nicer weather.  The front just didn't get finished on the one side.  I've been asking for nine years.  I'm not sure if Eric finished it because he heard me whine about it to a friend or it's the idea of another little kid running around, but he did it!  He finished the fence 100%.  The girls and I were so excited to let Isabel out front.  Izzy and Jia were busy for at least an hour opening and closing the door and going in and out.  I love, love, love that the front yard is fully fenced.

Is is super exciting that Sunrise is looking for a match for us.  I'm trying hard to not think about it every second of the day.  So far I'm not really thinking it's 'the call' when the phone rings but it does cross my mind OFTEN that it could be any minute.  We're also aware that it could be months and months from now.  I know this will dissappoint but we won't be allowed to post pictures at referral time.  We'll have to send a letter of intent, wait for PA.  Some agencies say you can post after pre-approval (PA) but mostly it's understood that you can't post until you have a LOA (letter of acceptance from China).  That could be a few months past referral.  Certainly we will be carrying his pictures with us, so just ask and we'll show you, just not allowed to post on the internet.




Fei's class had pioneer days at school, she was adorable in her old timey dress.  Love it.  Lili wore the same one.  I had hoped to find L's photo and post them together but I'm short of time.  They were pretending to go to school in 1871.  The teacher was so engaging, the kids were all quiet and hanging on her every word.  I stayed a little bit, it was just fascinating.  I could have stayed all day but was later for work than usual.

rehearsal

rehearsal

rehearsal
 



 

 

 


 
Possibly the best part of Jia's day, cold sparkling apple juice in a wine glass :)


 
All three girls were flower girls in cousin Letitia's wedding.  They were adorable.  The wedding was lovely.  Fun was had by all.  Jia decided last minute she didn't want to walk with Fei in the procession so she sat with us.  Thankfully I don't think the bride minded.  We had all discussed ahead of time that it was a good possibility she'd drop out.  Fei and Lili did a lovely job.

Still have to post dance recital pics and video, perhaps tomorrow.  Need to load the video to youtube and I'm out of time for today.