Luk

Luk
Our family.

Monday, August 26, 2013

Fei's New Room


Little Missy getting ready to go to the theater with Gramma.

As always, what a gorgeous group of girls! 

Jia woke up talking about cupcakes.  She wanted to make them yellow with smiley faces.  So, here's the tea party but she didn't want her picture taken.  In the end she didn't eat her cupcake and doctored up her tea six times and didn't drink it, thank goodness, it had a LOT of sugar in it :)

Finally getting to the last project in Fei's room.

Eric kept Jia busy bowling in the dinning room while I was painting.

Strike!

Fei and I think it turned out pretty ok.

Finally all done.

Neat as a pin.

Doesn't have any feel of Lili's old room at all.

And then Fei mentions that too bad her chandelier wasn't in.  Arg.  Called Eric back and an hour later we were once again done.

Now, it's finally all done.
 
Next we start Luk's room.  We're doing blue walls, the same as the playroom color.  Then a jungle ceiling.  Still have to pick some greens for that project.  Jia has asked for some pretty stuff on the wall like Fei, so I promised her I do a little something more in her room too. 
 
Three weeks tomorrow since Luk's referral.  Most of the time I'm ok with the wait but every once in a while I get frustrated with how long it all takes.  This morning driving to work I was wondering if I'd get a chance to visit Luk's SWI and then realized I'd only be a half hour away from Changting and Little Guy and then the tears started.  It's crazy that in all of China Luk would be so freakin' close to Little Guy.  Even if I could visit Little Guy, what the heck could I possibly bring him that would improve his life?  The best I could hope for would be to brighten it for a few minutes and likely as I was there bawling my eyes out it wouldn't really serve to brighten anything.   I'm not allowed to give details about Luk and where he is.  I will say that the strangest thing has happened.  All of my children, all four of them come from the same area.  What are the odds of that?!  We never made any requests, it's a complete fluke.  Lili and Fei's SWI were only an hour apart, different provinces but very close together.  Luk's is right in the middle of them.  Jia's is a couple hours away.  If we wanted, it would be possible to visit all four SWI's in one day.