Luk

Luk
Our family.

Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Mutainyu

We've had an amazing day.

Mr Yang and James showed up right on time.  The drive was lovely.  We had a lot of laughs on the gondolas, the lift and the chute.  Fei had fear but once we were on the slide she was raring to go and wanted to go faster with me telling her to slow down all the way.  Sound familiar?  I did a bit of shopping.  Bartering.  I don't think James has seen much of that.   Both kids were facinated watching.  James was just shaking his head they'd start at 400 rmb and I would pay 30.  James would be  telling me that they aren't making any profit. 

Eric, since we were here in November they have built a whole giant welcome center.  You have to take a bus up now.  They found a way for everyone to pay another fee ;)  Nicely done. 

Then we went to a smaller market.  Did some great shopping in there.  Beats,  Ray Ban and Jade.

Then home to J's Gramma and Grampa's place.  Another lovely meal.  We met his Aunt and his friend Jessica who wanted to practice her English.  So she is Fei's new pen pal.  How fun.

Eight of us sat down to dinner.   Mom gave me a Jade beaded bracelet so each of our new family can be represented.  Bawl.  So sweet.  They were so excited that James has a family that welcomes him.  Clearly they feel better about him having a friend while he's away .   Dad bought me an antique replica of a rice measuring pail.  Love it.  He noticed I like old things when he stayed with us.  They gave Fei a bag of cute school supplies.  Oh, and they have pics of our kids up by the one photo of James.

Gramma let me hug her and wanted more pictures taken.  Grampa got tears when I told them that J's English was really improved since we met.  He gets puns and jokes now.

There is tons to tell but I'm exhausted.  Fei is already crashed.   We still haven't figured out how to get her pics to my phone.

Not sure what our plan is tomorrow.  Camp starts but I imagine the bulk of the day will be free.