Luk

Luk
Our family.

Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Jia's 1st day of school.

Oh my.  Our little dear.  I'm used  to our Jia and her 'ways ' so I'm not totally humiliated. 

First she was so excited that even though I had her in bed by 8:30 she was awake until midnight.  Sigh.  So we're both tired today.  Then this morning she decided she wasn't eating.  Period.  It wasn't pretty.  I was up earlier than usual we had an extra hour built in and I still didn't get time for a shower. 

It's Luk's 3rd Birthday so he had a bath and got gussied up for his hip hop class.  Plus Eric made cup cakes to share and they were on a Superman plate.  Exciting times. 

Eric left with Luk to hip hop and I left with Jia to meet her teacher.  By the time we got there at 9:30 she had been talking and arguing with me for three straight hours.  Then she flat out refused to talk to her teacher.  She wouldn't stay seated and was whirling twirling around the library and danced over to us, interrupted us to say "my sister Fei calls me a poo poo head and I don't like to be called a poo poo head!".  Yup.  Not kidding.  Not exaggerating.   Such a proud parenting moment.  I said "hey, those are potty words and we don't use those at school".  Not sure what her teacher said, my ears were buzzing. 

At least Missy looked adorable.  You can hardly see the giant kitten scratch running down her whole face.  Yay Eugene.

Eric took Luk to see Gramma and they had cupcakes together.  I took Jia to work and she was drawing me a surprise picture.  She used permanent lumber marker that soaked through her paper and got all over my desk and then put $4 worth of stamps on it.  Then folded it and used the official return envelope from Citizenship Canada, she colored on it, used glue to close it up and stapled it for good measure.  Arg.  So the good news is that we got a letter yesterday asking for Luk's permanent resident card, which means Citizenship is immenent.   I was able to remove the staple, open the envelope and use it by taping it shut.  It was a great relief to have Eric take her home today!

We are still supposed to have a horse coming over this evening but it's pouring rain so none of us are looking forward to Goldy's visit.  Next post will be about Luk's Birthday.