Luk

Luk
Our family.

Friday, April 15, 2016

Kai has a medical number!

Ok, that was a battle.  Long haul.  16 points of contact.

We thought things were settled on April 5.  Was waiting for the mail and checking daily.  Then received a letter on the 13th asking a bunch more questions.  Really fun ones like asking us to prove guardianship or adoption and asking us why our child doesn't have medical coverage and who is financially responsible for him and why is the child dependent on us.  Seriously.  I wanted to just cry.

But today is another day, so I came in and faxed it all again.

Then I phoned msp and was on hold for 23minutes.  I was planning to stay on hold and have them pass me from person to person until I got Jessa or Eve and then I was planning to grovel.  Nice fellow answered and heard my tale of woe and then told me that Kai has a number, issued as of Feb. 15.  The day we got him.  WILD.  He didn't have a number yesterday.  I don't know what happened.  Since I hadn't actually yet answered the all important question of why was our child dependent on us. 

So, no one will enjoy my answer of 'he's our son and he's 4'.  I resisted adding 'DUH'. 

Back to work.