Luk

Luk
Our family.

Friday, December 16, 2016

Concert #3

Last show.  Eric, Lili, Fei and I went to watch.  I was supposed to be in the kindy class but the teacher didn't want/need help so I got to see the show again.

Kai did so much better.  Sang some and did some actions.  A little more present.  Jia and Luk were great. 

Then the finale came.  They sat the kindies in the front and I was relieved the lights hadn't been turned on because Kai was playing with them the day before and I didn't trust him to leave them alone just because we told him to.  Anyways.  He was reaching out to play with the dinasour slippers on the kid beside him and we had to let that go.  Then he flattened little Myley on the other side of him and I screeched at Eric "he's flattening Myley!!" so without hesitation Eric leaped up and fixed the situation.  Yikes.  He did it to a boy in circle time the day before.  I had gone to the class to make sure Luk was changed before he hit the stage, just in time to watch Kai lay on and flatten the boy beside him.  I got a picture to show Eric.  Two incidents in two days.  No wonder I've heard several times they're having a problem with him sitting on kids.  I thought he was accidentally dropping himself on kids when he sits.  He does this at home, just completely unaware of where his body is.  But this flattening thing is far more purposeful.  He budges into them, crosses over in front of them and lays on them until they're laying on the floor.  Wild.  I can NOT imagine why he is doing this.  What a big bully.  The other kids didn't squawk.  That's weird.  You'd think there would be a ruckus.  I asked Luk and he says Kai does it all the time.  What a sad thing to get used to. I'm floored that he's getting away with this behaviour.  So, several talks last night and a few reminders today.  No hands, no touching any kid at any time for any reason.  Absolutely NO flattening of kids.  I'm hoping we can work out a plan of him being removed from the class for each incident and possibly being sent home.  Needs to stop right away.  The struggle is real and is just so so so strange.

Kids are tired.  Pj, pancake and movie day.  I offered for them to stay home but in the end realized they had to go because Eric was cooking!  He and two other Dad's made 1200 pancakes and 750 sausages.  What a day.

Lili is off to a party tonight.  Fei saw the new Star Wars movie today.  Hoping to get there myself this weekend before spoiler alerts. They both dance at Cairnsmore tomorrow.  Snow is on the way so I need to get the littles to the train before that happens.  Mom and I are making our Christmas dumplings on Sunday.  Then the big girls are playing piano at Cairnsmore on Monday. The days are crazy busy right now.  There is really just way too much going on this time of year. 

Oh and CNY is end of January so it's already time to start making plans for that.  There is a Chinese Opera at the Port Theater on February 8.  I'm hoping I can get the girls interested in going to that because I'd like to see it.  Eric isn't keen and the boys could never manage sitting through it. 

The first move of the flatten technique.  Move into space and begin to push. Oy.
Running his hand down his leg to get to those slippers.  We have no clue how to stop this.  Needs to be stopped in the moment.  He has zero self control.  He was so focused on those slippers that he didn't even pretend to sing the song.