Luk

Luk
Our family.

Wednesday, June 7, 2017

A loop for Kai.

Kai's vision is really low.  He needs to hold our hands when we're out.  He does ok at home and he's mostly ok at school.  Anywhere else or unfamiliar he needs help.

It's not great for him having his arm up in the air all the time.  I had an idea that he'd be more independent and more comfortable if he had a loop to hang onto.  Sometimes I get him to hold my purse strap but then it gets yanked off.  Sometimes I have him grab my jean pocket.  Which works ok but I don’t always have jeans on.  Thankfully I mostly do and Eric always does.

So...I bought a leash at the thrift store and Eric modified it for me today.  Into a loop for Kai!  I think Eric thought he'd use it but I scooped it right away ;)  I'll get another leash or two so Eric can have one too.  I can't wait until Kai sees it. 

With Luk in the chair and Kai using a loop/handle Eric and I might have our hands to ourselves occasionally.  Life altering.