Luk

Luk
Our family.

Thursday, February 15, 2018

Happy 15th Birthday Fei!

I gifted her my birthstone ring from when I was 16.  Since we share a stone.  Also an old promise ring from an old boyfriend.  They look sweet on her.  Eric took them into a jeweler to be cleaned.  And they charged him.  Handsomely.  Does everyone remember taking jewelry into be cleaned for free?  I don't wear anything other than my jade that doesn't/can't come off and occasionally a wedding band when they fit. 

So, Miss Fei has choosen a family dinner at the Malahat Chalet.  So that's fun.  They swapped their piano lesson and did it on family day so that we could do a dinner.  She's also asked for an ice cream cake which Eric is picking up today but I think we'll likely do dessert at the restaurant and get a bonus night tomorrow with the ice cream cake.

Fei doesn't love making choices.  She avoids it as much as possible.  So the Birthday plans weren't made until yesterday.  Then I said she could pick out her cake after school.  She looked concerned so I suggested Eric could pick for her and she agreed to that.  We tell her all the time there is no wrong choice in these moments.  Too funny.