Luk

Luk
Our family.

Friday, March 2, 2018

Code Red

Lili texted me to say she was on lockdown code red which means there is a threat in the school. She didn't know if it was real or a drill.  The teacher didn't know about a drill so it was quickly assumed to be real.  She had a friend with her.  I asked her to turn the volume off on her phone and keep it in her hand.  I told her I loved her.  I passed on from Eric to stay low, hide and stay quiet.  I let her know Dad was on the way so he'd be nearby.  She didn't want him in trouble.  I assured her he'd stay away but close. Then I poured over Facebook and read from other Mom's that their kids were reporting police presence and they could hear yelling.  Then the pool was locked down and Quam was put on code yellow.  I was happy Fei was sick today and safe at home.  For 42 minutes I held my phone and my link to Lili.  I'm glad it's over and there was no actual danger.  There wasn't a shooter in the school.  That we know of.  After 42 minutes. A code green was called.  Classes resumed.  I told Lili she could go home but she wanted to stay. 

I'm a mess.  Life is too damn hard today.