Luk

Luk
Our family.

Wednesday, May 27, 2020

Pandemic and Camping

A very nice local lady delivered these to me this morning before I left for work. $6 each.  Nicely made. Elastics can be removed and replaced with elastic or shoelace. If anyone needs masks I can give you her number.
Sooo many loads to Bings.  So many people at home doing projects and line ups at the dump.  Eric was ready to leave early today so he'd have less time waiting.  He loves a new project and a goal.  When I got up he was outside painting.  I think he was up at first light.  

So camping is being permitted starting June 1.  The reservation site opened May 25.  It was brutal.  I was up early, at the computer ready to go.  Calendar, pen, paper, cell phone on with a site map up, house phone there so DM could call me to coordinate sites.  Bahaha.  It quickly became a fend for yourself situation.  The site crashed over and over.  Signed me out repeatedly. Several times I had sites in my cart and got to the paying part and got shut down.  It was extremely frustrating.  Yes, I could book private sites if there are any available but I really like Provincial Parks.  The rules there work for me.  Plus with the boys both qualified as disabled, we only pay the reservation fee.  In the end, after 4 hours I had three reservations booked.  Yesterday I was able to get a site for 10 days in Lake Cowichan.  We have 20 nights booked.  I think that's pretty good for a shortened season during a pandemic.