Luk

Luk
Our family.

Monday, September 27, 2010

Hotels and Itinerary

We got our itinerary this afternoon.  We're at the Gloria in Nanchang.  Which is where we stayed when we got our Fei.  So that was pleasant news.  Hotel was OK, our needs were met and there was lots of great shopping (shoes!) and a great grocery store very nearby.  Hopefully things haven't changed too much in the last 6 years :)  In Beijing we're at the Novotel Peace.  Looks nice.  Walking distance to the Forbidden City.  Anyone stayed there?
http://www.gloriahotels.com/en/gloria-grand-hotel-nanchang/nanchang-hotel-gloria-grand-hotel-luxury-hotel-nanchang-online-reservations.html
http://www.novotel.com/gb/hotel-3115-novotel-beijing-peace/index.shtml

We've discovered another RQ family who will be at the Gloria the same week we are, and they get their baby the same day we do.  Hopefully we'll meet them there.

I've had a few people ask about the blog/e-mail test.  Blogger is blocked from China, I'd need a proxy server to go on here, so instead I can just e-mail from my regular shaw e-mail account directly to the blog.  I won't be able to see the blog and won't be able to make corrections or check spelling.  Also won't see comments until we're home.  I'm not sure what the posts will look like but there will be updates and photos, that's the important thing.  We can pretty them up once we're home.  Or not.  What ever is easiest.  So, go ahead and keep e-mailing us shelnel@blforest.com  I'm sure we'll have lots of down time in the room.  Jia will be in bed early and we're sooooo not used to that.  I'll have Internet in the room at both hotels so please feel free to keep right on communicating with me ;)