Luk

Luk
Our family.

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Packages

I sent a package to Duchang with a photo album for Jia and a disposable camera, in the hopes of getting a picture of Jia with her foster family.  We also added a letter that we had translated and Lili and Fei made cards for Jia too.  That were very sweet and I wish I'd copied them to put on here.  I did black and white photo copies for Jia's memory box though.  Anyways...the couriered package left the office last Friday and it's now stuck in China.  Not much I can do, the address literally is 'near the bend on the road'  and the clearing place in Guangzhou would like the correct street number.  It would be better if I didn't have the list of check points to fuss about :)  On the tracking site, the package has been scanned 21 times!  Chemainus, Nanaimo, Vancouver, Richmond, Seattle, Louisville, Anchorage, Chek Lap Kok-Hong Kong, Shenzhen-China and stuck at the Guangzhou-China depot. 

I also ordered moon cakes from a company in China to be delivered next week to the Jia's SWI.  That was fun.  Now I'm getting right crazy and thinking I should order some for Lili and Fei's SWI too.  We shall see.

I spent my lunch hour in the Chemainus tourist shops looking for BC jade.  Really, you'd think it would be easier to find.  I found some I liked, but the packaging was dirty.  I'm hoping the Royal BC Museum will pan out for me on the weekend.  Trying to find jade as a gift to Jia's foster Mother since her name is Yu which means jade. 

Still no word on TA.  I finally went to the Sunrise site and read the travel part of the information packages.  Nothing too earth shatteringly new.  Nice refresher of the trip.  I did print out the visa applications and I see that we need passport pictures.  So that is something we can take care of before it's time. 

Normally every year I find the first week back to school so hectic, funny thing this year, it seems quiet compared to getting a family ready to travel to China!  So many details to take care of.