Luk

Luk
Our family.

Friday, April 20, 2012

Boxes

Lili, Fei and Jia's new home.


I've been on the hunt for recliners for months now.  I don't like them.  They almost all look old style.  If I like the look of them they're uncomfortable.  Anyways, I finally found one at Wal-Mart by accident in the brown tone Eric wanted so we bought it and attempted ordering the last one in existance to come to our store.  They told me it would take two days but actually took three weeks.  They look lovely, the color is perfect and they're very uncomfortable.  Eric thinks they'll break in fast since they're cheap.  We'll see.  In the meantime, it turns out the chairs weren't important at all, it was all about the boxes last night.  Seems Lili and Fei have been eyeing the one box for three weeks and last night as the two boxes became available the plans were flying.  They now have a new two room bungalo in our living room.  Eric worked for an hour with them taping it all up they way they wanted.  Then once they moved in, Lili and Fei helped Jia decorate with stickers for an hour.  Fun times.  Eric sat in a new recliner watching tv and I sat on a couch just soaking up the joy and watching the girls play.  It just amazes me how well the three of them play together. 


Fei has taken her hair creations to a whole new level.  She can now weave hair!  Lili doesn't like getting her hair done but even Lili had to admit this look was pretty cool.

Still working on fine tuning our Beijing/Changting trip with details like which price did we want to pay for Opera seats.  Now Lili and I are going to stay overnight in a Hakka village.  We're staying in a Hakka guest house (round dirt building).  I'm told it's a Western guesthouse, I sure hope their version of Western means a bed off the floor, a flush toilet and some electricity.  What an adventure.