Luk

Luk
Our family.

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Projects


Kitchen project is going well.  Eric got the new/antique piano window in.  It's a modified door panel and it looks great.  Now when our elderly neighbor passes on and her son subdivides (he's told us his plan already) we won't have to look at a new house out our kitchen window.  I'm pleased that we've done this now instead of waiting until we had too.  We might live right in town but we have amazing privacy in our house.  Eric told me he can see the older lady next door doing her dishes.  Wild.  We've been there 8 years and I had no idea he could see the old house back there!  I can't see it.  Wondering now if that's a height issue or if my eyes are really that bad?!  Either way, it was funny when he said it and then he was shocked I'd never seen her.  He likely thought that was why I came up with this plan. 

Lili has some homework assignments.  Kid has been waiting years for this day.  She has three that she is working on and I think she's delighted.  Me...not so much.  I really resent having to do school work on my limited time with the kids.  Maybe I'd feel differently if the kids were struggling and I needed to help them more or if I was home with them, but I can't stand getting home at 5 and only getting three hours before bedtime for Jia.  We have some really super crazy evenings. 

Thinking about having the girls drop dance for the rest of the year.  Lili is bored.  They're both tired of practicing for the year end show that they don't want to do and I'm tired of our week being so busy.  It's time to ride bikes and walk the dogs instead.

Eric has been taking Jia to a play group more often, she calls it school and she just loves going.  This morning she was laying in her bed yelling out to all of us "does Jia have school today?  See friends?". 

Awwww.....so sweet.

It was my flex day yesterday and Jia was clearly not feeling great, we spent the entire day on the couch all cuddled up.  She's usually so active so it was a bizarre day to say the least.  She gravitates to Eric when she is tired and will occassionally crawl on him to sleep during the day and yesterday she came to me.  Pure Bliss.  She is so sweet.  Told me the baby was cold, so I wrapped her up and she asked Eric for a hot milk bottle.  She was out before he got back.  She woke up at her bedtime and we just kept her up until we went to bed.  I was worried that she'd be up all night but she slept through and seemed a little more like herself this morning. 

Still working on booking Lili's homeland trip to Changting.  Crazy how long this is taking.  I finally got our price quote today, it's about what I was expecting.  Need to fine tune some details a bit more but it's really starting to look like this will work out.  Oh...and we still have to apply to all of the proper government places and we could be denied.