Luk

Luk
Our family.

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Can't think of a title for today.

Talk of vaginas and labias ahead for anyone who needs to skip this.

I went to the Dr. this afternoon to have my wound looked at and to get the pathology report.     The report wasn't in yet.  She will call when it is.  Could be up to three weeks and we're only on day 10.  Hopefully no news is good news.

In the meantime while we wait...

The news today was that the wound looks like it's healing.  One of the stitches was tearing the flesh so she was able to pull that one out today.  Hurt like crazy and was also a huge relief.  Then she told me there was some gaping on the wound.  Frankly, not a word one would want used to describe parts of their vagina ;) Then the huge shocker,  she told me she didn't think I'd need a cosmetic revision.  Holey Cow.  Not in a zillion years would I ever contemplate going through the last 10 days all over again for cosmetic purposes!  Tell me ladies, is this something any of you would ever contemplate?! 

It has been truly surprising how many of my friends and family didn't know where or what a labia was.  Some were also surprised that I would share where the tumor was.  It's not like I was thrilled myself with where it was.  Also, I don't see the down side of keeping my support system informed.  Otherwise, how will ya'll know when to support us? 

Other questions have been more about the actual tumor.  First, it wasn't a growth on the labia, it was really more like the labia itself was thickened or swollen.  Not hard, not discolored, not sore.  Not at all what I/we would have labeled a lump or tumor.  So, in order to remove it, the labia was cut off on one side.  It feels weird.  Very weird.  The pain has been wicked bad.  I'm pretty thankful that the pain is down to a dull roar now.

I will post when there is more news.

I figured we'd be celebrating or commiserating tonight.  Instead it's just life as usual.