Luk

Luk
Our family.

Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Luk's 1st Gotcha

That was one super fast year!  He seemed to understand that the day was all about him and he clearly told me that when he was in China he wanted to go home with Mommy.   Awww.

It was a busy day.  Eugene in to be neutered (he did great and he's already back to his goofy self) the girls to school and me to work.  Then Eric was home to meet the guy cleaning our new/old couch.  He had a friend visit and a ton of phone calls.  More issues in a day than Mr. is used to for sure.  Then I picked up the girls and then Luk and we went to have fries and frostys.  Fries dipped in the frosty.  It's a favorite treat for all four of them.  They get that from me ;)

In amongst all the activity Eric was moving furniture all day.  Made room for the new couch, turned our eating area into a sitting room and put the table into the kitchen.  I'm not good with change and that was a lot in one day.  Now to fine tune it all.  It feels all disjointed still.  The couch still smells musty.  I'm afraid we'll have to try getting our own smell into it.  I'm laying on it now.  Jury is out for now.  Again, I'm not always so great with change.

Oh and after 10 years of looking at electric fireplaces I finally found one I liked so Eric picked it up yesterday and built it for me.  Finally a heat source in our bedroom!

After Lili was home from chalkboard we managed a sit down dinner with candles.  Curry, one of Luk's faves.

Today has been a little quieter.  The only thing planned was a fun family photo session.  I won a photo from Walmart.  After much deliberating we went with blue t-shirts.  The lady working was great.  She took a dozen photos in two positions.  Five minutes total.  Painless.  Kids were all great.  The Littles even had actual fun.   Bizarre for a photo session.  I picked out my favorite picture, ordered it made into 40 Christmas picture cards, let the Littles make stuffed reindeer at the fun factory and snuck some jammies for the reindeer as Christmas gifts and it was all only $56.  I love Walmart.  Maybe they'll let us make a commercial for them one day.  Can't wait to see the photo.  Should be here in two weeks.

So, all is good today.