Luk

Luk
Our family.

Saturday, November 29, 2014

Snow

We had a full day planned but woke up to snow so we scrapped all of the plans and settled in for a home snow day.  Fei took Eugene out first, he was less than impressed.  I had to force the Littles to eat some oatmeal before they headed out.  They all made it about an hour and that seemed to be enough for the day.  Not like when we were kids.  I remember heading out as soon as we were fed and warmed up, with wet mittens ;)  Luk couldn't walk at all in the snow.

Eric was busy trying to stay ahead of me.  More work in the utility room.  Culled and cleaned the games cupboard.  Huge job.  Managed to sort, cull and move all the art supplies.  Then Fei and Jia rolled dough rounds and I filled dumplings with Eric's filling.  Still can't get Lili to help make them.  We had fun, at the new dumpling table.   I spent years trying to talk Eric into getting rid of the island and yesterday he brought home an old kitchen table and said it could be my dumpling table.   He's not fooling me, it's a short movable island.  It is a cool table and I grudgenly admit that it's been very handy already.  I did complain that it would be a catch all and then today I loaded it with a lot of games for the thrift.  When Eric came in he looked horrified at the stacks and said 'you're right it IS a catch all'.

It's been a nice day at home.  Starting to feel house bound though.